Utech Open Scholarship
The Ministry of Education and Youth will award scholarships to University students who are desirous of pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree in any faculty at the University of Technology. Applicants should make their own application to U-Tech for admission.
Documents to be submitted:
- Certified copy of birth certificate or evidence of date of birth.
- A statement written by a reputable member of the community attesting that you have resided in Jamaica during the last three consecutive years.
- Two passport-size photographs.
- One copy of statement of not more than 200 words as instructed at item 17.
- Valid evidence of acceptance/registration at the University of Technology.
- Character reference letter from a member of the community e.g. Education Officer, Principal, Minister of Religion or Justice of the Peace.
- Letter of reference: Academic/Professional.
- Letter of approval from Chief Personnel Officer or his representative (in the case of applicants in the Civil Service).
- Certified copies of educational certificates/diplomas and a current progress report if attending University.
Successful candidates will be required to sign a bond agreeing to work in Jamaica and work in a Government owned institution for a period not exceeding five (5) years.
Applicants are advised that incomplete applications will NOT be accepted.
The scholarship award is valid for the academic year immediately following the offer of the award and cannot be deferred for any reason.
N.B. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.