Jamaica Values and Attitudes Programmme for Tertiary Students
The Jamaica Values and Attitudes (JAMVAT) Programme provides assistance to tertiary students who qualify for admission, but are financially challenged to cover their tuition cost. Access to this programme provides the opportunity for students to participate in the development of the nation’s social capital through their contribution of 200 hours of public service. Upon completing the JAMVAT programme each student should receive 30% of tuition payment not exceeding $350,000.
- Please provide the details of TWO (2) potential work placement sites which are conveniently located near to you, by affixing signature and stamp of the organization it indicates their willingness to facilitate your completing the required 200 voluntary hours.
Only government and non-profit organizations are approved for this component.
This form MUST be signed and stamped by the placement representative and submitted for approval by the JAMVAT office before commencement.
Click here to download the placement options form
- Certified copy of your Birth Certificate/Valid ID and TRN.
- New students must attach a certified copy of their acceptance letter (no more than 6 months old).
- Returning students must attach a status letter, and an official transcript with proof of GPA (no more than 6 months old).
- Tuition letter.
- Passport Size Picture.
- Applicant must be between the ages of 18 & 35 on or before December 31 of the year of application.
- Applicant must be a Full Time student.
- Applicants must have a GPA of 2.5 or above.
- Complete 200 service hours upon approval.