The Ministry of Education, Youth & Information will award scholarships to, first and second year University students who are desirous of pursuing a Bachelor Degree in any Faculty at the University of the West Indies and the University of Technology.
Applicants should make their own application to the U.W.I./U-Tech for admission.
Incomplete applications will not be accepted.
Supporting documents to be submitted are:-
- Two (2) recent passport size photographs.
- Certified copy of your birth certificate or evidence of date of birth.
- Certificate of domicile signed by a J.P. or Minister of Religion or other reputable member of the community.
- Certificate of fitness from a Registered Medical Practitioner.
- Certificate of Character signed by member of the community e.g. Education Officer, Principal, Minister of Religion or Justice of the Peace.
- Letter of reference: Academic/Professional.
- Certified copies of Educational Qualification and current progress report if attending University.
- Evidence of acceptance/application at U.W.I. or U-Tech.
- Letter of approval from Chief Personnel Officer (in case of applicants in the Civil Service).
Candidates should be:-
- Jamaican citizens, domiciled in Jamaica during the last five years.
- Under twenty five (25) years old on the first of August 1st in the year of the award.
- Pursuing or about to pursue full-time undergraduate study at the University of Technology or the University of the West Indies.
- Successful candidates will be required to sign a bond agreeing to work in Jamaica and work in a Government owned institution for a period not exceeding five (5) years.
N.B. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.